Programs focus on a variety of topics including:
- The history of many different events and locations throughout Asia.
- Sumi-e (ink wash) and fish print painting.
- Hands-on activities such as origami, calligraphy, using chopsticks, kite building, and more.
- Folklore and mythology stories.
- The history of many of the artworks and items in the museum
- Live weapons demonstrations
Program length and size are customizable on request. Most classes can run anywhere from 10-45 minutes easily. Most programs are or can be set up for variable or multiple age levels.
A field trip to the Texas State Museum of Asian Cultures is an excellent way for any group to learn more about Asia. We have a number of Lesson Plans correlated to T.E.K.S and national standards.
Virtual tours are available as well, with new lessons being added to our catalog all the time.